End of Life Vehicle (ELV) Directive
Each vehicle must undergo detailed de-pollution by an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) before the car can be scrapped. F&J Exports are fully upto date with the latest Legislation with the environment agency to ensure vehicles are disposed of correctly. Substances covered in this de-pollution include: tyres, fuels, oils, batteries, anti-freeze and pyrotechnics. The main objectives of the end of life vehicles directive are to:
- Reduce the amount of automotive waste sent for landfill
- Reduce the amount of hazardous materials in new car manufacture
- Eliminate pollution risks from the car disposal process, such as soil and water contamination by vehicle fluids
- Improve the environmental performance involved in the life cycle of vehicles
F&J Exports de-pollutes end of life vehicles (both general cars and commercial lorries) at our ATF and combines them with our Engines and Engines Spare Parts Trading. As an Authorised Treatment facility, we issue Certificates of Destruction (COD) and Notice of Destruction (NOD) as governed by the DVLA.
We have an ongoing contracts with local metal recycling businesses to ensure our scrap elv cabs are disposed as a recycled grade. We always ensure we work closely to meet the end of life vehicles directive with the Environment Agency and also working towards ISO14001 EMS.
- For Information on what to do if you wish to recycle your vehicle visit – http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/ChangesToYourRegistrationCertificate/DG_4022057
- For more information on end of life vehicles directive please visit the Environment Agency Website – http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/business/regulation/31887.aspx
- For more information on COD and NOD, please visit the DVLA Website – http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/DVLAonline.aspx/